Congratulations! You have decided to invest in yourself and have started using professional skincare products. This is a big step. And I am so proud of you.
The next big step is picking out the right products to address your skin concerns and how to use them correctly.
In part 1 of “Get the most out of your skincare products” I will cover gel cleansers and foaming face washes.
Some of the questions I get asked about gel cleansers?
- How do I choose the right gel cleanser?
- Do I need to double cleanse my face if I am using a gel cleanser?
- Is there any way to make my cleanser work better?
- How long should I massage the gel cleanser on my skin before I rinse my face?
- What do I do if my gel cleanser is too drying?
Here are my answers to your questions.
- Look for a gel cleanser that is formulated to meet your skin care concerns. don’t forget to check out the ingredient deck. If you are looking for a hydrating gel cleanser consider one with lactic acid. If you need brightening, you should consider one with mandelic acid or kojic acid. If you are not sure what ingredients to look for, ask you esthetician.
- At the end of the day, the answer is almost always yes. Before you go to bed each evening, you want to remove all traces of the day. Dirt, oil, cosmetics, and air pollutants accumulate as the day progresses and needs to be thoroughly removed. In the morning, you will probably only need to do a single cleanse.
- A few tricks that I use are:
- Consider using warm (not hot or cold) water.
- Wet your face before you begin cleansing.
- Foam your gel cleanser into a foam before applying it to your face.
- Allow the cleanser to set on the skin for 30 seconds before begin cleansing.
- Massage the cleanser for at least 60 seconds before you rinse your face.
- Double cleanse if necessary.
- Massage the cleanser for at least 60 seconds before you rinse your face. Set a timer if you are unsure of how long 60 seconds actually is. It helps.
- Look for a more gentle cleanser or alternate your gel cleanser with a creamy cleanser or milk cleanser.
Lipid Replacing Cleansing Gel and Micro-Exfoliating Cleansing Gel by Circadia Skincare, Enzymatic Cleanser by LaFlore Live Probiotic Skincare, and Ultra Gentle Cleanser, Antioxidant Scrub, Acne Wash, Acne Scrub, Mandelic Wash, and Mandelic Scrub by Face Reality Skincare are used for professional skincare services and retailed to clients for at home use.
If you have any questions not covered, please reach out. We are here to help.